Thursday, September 11, 2008

Adele Banned In America !



Adele's hit song 'Chasing Pavements' has been banned in the US for its homosexual connotations.

The record - which has proved a huge success in Adele's native UK - has been dubbed a gay anthem by Americans, who think the title is referring to gay men who cruise around looking for sex.

Adele has now blamed the reference for damaging her chances of making it big Stateside.

She said: "Some weirdo on the internet wrote that 'Chasing Pavements' was about being gay, which isn't true at all.

"Because of that some radio stations in the States wouldn't play it. The guy wrote it on the Urban Dictionary website, which I've used for years and 'chasing pavements' was never on there as a slang term before."

However, the 20-year-old singer is not going to let the issue get her down, because she isn't interested in breaking America anyway.

She added: "I don't like flying. I hate it, and I don't want to start taking Valium, so I'm not going to get over there much."

This is a fucking disgusting outrage. I love adele, and this is just pathetic. Like other countries need any other reason to think us Americans are idiots? Why would a straight female write a song about gay men cruising for sex? People are such idiots, it disgusts me.
(source)

0 comments:

 

Williexwhip Copyright © 2010